Marketing Executive / Content Writer
Marketing Executive / Content Writer
Reports to: Head of Content
Our client is a rapidly expanding company looking for talented people who adopt an enthusiastic and determined approach to ‘getting the job done’. They’ve grown a diverse client base in the photo/gift retail market ranging from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations.
Initially, you will join nearly 80 other staff based in freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area of Havant. The site has breakout areas, a games room, free on-site employee parking, a sizable garden, fitness suite, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, copious nerf guns and is only a 15 min walk to the sea.
To make a long story short, they’ve grown a place where they love working and they think you will too...
Main purpose and scope of the job
The successful applicant will design, organise and execute marketing strategies for the company and their wider clients such as ASDA Photo. You will need to demonstrate excellent English skills and mastery of language and communication suitable for e-commerce (mobile and web). Your work will involve hands-on development of SEO and SEA campaigns to drive the commercial performance of their websites and ensure a great customer experience.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Develop and execute marketing plans to promote the business to support SEO, SEA and sales objectives.
- Wordsmith content for B2B & B2C websites for SEO & sales objectives.
- Wordsmith and proofread client and customer communications to company tone and culture.
- Manage and support day to day marketing activities through the business across the UK, EU & US.
- Skills and abilities
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written English skills (grammar & choice of language)
- Strong proofreader
- Able to manage a high workload and prioritise between proactive and reactive jobs
- Creating, organising and executing digital strategies
- SEO & SEA campaigns
- Developing strategies for tangible business improvement
- 1 year Digital Marketing experience (or demonstration of strong transferable skills from a comparable field)
- Understand project requirements and develop high quality strategies accordingly
- SEO best practices for content development
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Desire to create high quality visual material
- Keen eye for detail
- Solution focused: proactively tackling projects and tasks in an efficient and positive manner
- Self-starter who can manage projects from end to end and use their own initiative when required.
- Enjoys keeping up to date with the latest technology, and working as part of a cutting edge team.
- Positive in the face of occasional late night disaster recovery!
You should apply if you have...
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise, adapt and delegate where appropriate
- An excellent interpersonal manner under all circumstances, whether on the telephone or face-to-face
- Flexibility, discretion, loyalty, patience and a good sense of humour!
The Ideal Candidate
You're hard-working, efficient, calm... and you are not sure if being called a “pedant” is a criticism. Indeed, you are highly organised but aware that not everybody can live up to your standards. Whilst you are intelligent and enjoy relating to a diverse range of people in new situations, you are happy to get stuck into a variety of random activities as the need arises and always keep on top of your areas of responsibility.
- An annual salary of £25,000-£30,000 (depending on ability) for the equivalent of a 40 hour week
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years service
- A generous bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the company
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
- A healthy social calendar
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally
Next step: Applications should consist of your CV and a one page covering letter explaining how you fulfil the role above... drawing attention to any particular projects or work you’ve already done which you think is comprable. Deadline for applications: 6th June 2018 with interviews expected to take place on the week commencing 11th June 2018.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.