Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Main Purpose of Job:
Lead the annual budgeting process and the work on the two subsequent in-year reforecasts. Complete robust analysis reporting on the key commercial and operational drivers of the business and prepare relevant and insightful management information of this basis.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Areas of focus to include:
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company's portfolio of businesses.
- Principal responsibility for the control of budgeting models, co-ordination of key inputs and preparation of reports as part of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process.
- Preparing monthly flash profit forecasts and perform actual vs budget variance analysis
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
- Create and distribute KPI reports and analysis on relevant areas of the business including customer margin and raw material and feedstock/input costs.
- General commercial finance support to the Operations and Commercial departments
- Performing financial analysis on key cost streams (for example Haulage, Utilities, Chemicals, R&M, Production)
- Provide input and support for the design and implementation of the new ERP system.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent qualified accountant
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Previous experience in a similar role essential. Ideally previous experience gained in a manufacturing/production or fuel environment
- Detail and process orientated
- Some travel to other sites will be required on an occasional basis
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Financial Planning Analyst, Analyst Manager, Financial Analyst, Financial Controller, Accountant, New Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, Finance Coordinator, Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Financial Accounting, Accounts Coordinator, Finance Supervisor, Head of Accounts, Finance Director, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller will also be considered for this role.