Finance Administrator / Payroll / Office Administrator
Job Title: Payroll/ Finance Administrator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Main Purpose of Job:
The payroll administrator is primarily responsible for managing the payroll operations, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is actioned properly; that all staff are paid correctly; that appropriate and accurate information is recorded in the financial system and that correct information and payments are made to HMRC, pension providers and other statutory bodies.
Payroll duties are expected to take around 50% FTE other duties will include purchase ledger (processing invoices from receipt to payment) and to assist with other tasks within the finance team as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Timely and accurate completion of the monthly payroll for the companies
- Ensure that correct payments, reports and returns are made to HMRC, pension providers and other statutory bodies
- Carry out month and year end processes essential for statutory and other returns.
- Analysing and reconciling payroll information to previous months and explaining variances
- Compiling overtime information from various managers and processing through to payment
- Liaising with the HR team regularly to ensure all employee information is accurate and up to date
- Deal with enquiries from staff and external contacts as and when required
- Processing invoices in the system, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Completion of month end accounting requirements for both payroll and purchase ledger
- Other ad hoc support to the finance team
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- Payroll or finance (AAT, CIMA, ACCA etc…) qualification preferred but not essential
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Previous payroll experience is essential, preferably of a similar sized payroll (approx. 200 employees)
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Previous experience gained in a manufacturing/production environment would be advantageous
- Some travel to other sites will be required on an occasional basis
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Management Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Bookkeeper, Credit Controller, Finance Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Credit Control, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Administration Assistant, Office Assistant will also be considered for this role.