Policy Communications Manager
New opportunity not to be missed. NFER is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Policy Communications Manager to join the team based in Slough. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £41,703 – £46,936 per annum depending upon qualifications and experience; the level of appointment and associated salary will depend upon qualifications and experience.
About the role of Policy Communications Manager:
Joining the Sales, Marketing and Impact team in a new role, you will develop and deliver a proactive policy communications strategy aimed at raising NFER’s visibility and supporting the organisation’s position as a centre of knowledge and expertise in the education sector.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications you will shape the role, identifying and providing support for education policy initiatives, focusing on the Foundation’s key areas of expertise and with particular focus on generating content.
Your key areas of responsibility as our Policy Communications Manager are:
- Develop and deliver the organisation’s public response and profile relating to education policy developments
- Contribute to NFER’s visibility and impact objectives through timely content creation for all communications channels
- Providing timely and appropriate internal briefings to support key staff and Senior Management Team
We are looking for someone with expertise in this field who will come in and shape the new role. As our Policy Communications Manager you will have:
- Strong writing style with the ability to write accurately and for a variety of audiences
- Confident using social media for business
- Ability to assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly
- Knowledge and understanding of government policy
- Engaging communicator with excellent presentation skills, to small and large groups
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines should the business require it
A registered charity with an income of £18 million and 210 staff. We undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services. Our clients include UK government departments and agencies at both international and local levels, which benefit from NFER's full range of expert and professional services. Our purpose is to provide independent evidence which improves education and training and hence the lives of learners.
We offer a pleasant office environment within beautiful green surroundings, close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road, rail and air are excellent – we are within easy reach of the M4 and M40, London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail and we have free parking. We believe in a work life balance; work a 35 hour week with 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays plus additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
How to Apply
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Policy Communications Manager please click ‘Apply’ below.
Completed applications should be submitted by 9am Monday 11th June.
Interviews taking place Wednesday 20th June.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
The NFER is an equal opportunity employer and a Registered Charity (No. 313392).