Technical Support Agent
Technical Support Agent
This decade more photos have been taken than in the rest of history combined. Last year, around one trillion photos were taken and new mobile technology is fueling the boom. Our client helps the photo industry keep up.
Our client is looking for talented people to help provide solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands. Their team finds innovative ways to solve complex problems, keeps development cycles fast and invests in a culture of learning. They still have a startup-like openness to ideas but also a market-tested and profitable product line. They like to think they have the best of both worlds.
You will join around 80 other staff, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area. Trains are 5 mins away, and it is a 15 min walk to the sea. They have breakout areas, a games room, free on-site employee parking, a sizable garden, fitness suite, plenty of musical instruments, modern kitchens, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, copious nerf guns and much more. Plus a 1Gbps fibre connection… they take their technology very seriously!
To make a long story short, they’ve grown a place where they love working, and they think you will too.
What you’ll be doing
- Communicating with end users of some of the busiest photo websites in the world via phone/email
- Troubleshooting (and solving!) IT problems for clients and replying to their enquiries/feedback
- Escalating detailed reports of only the most complex problems to their software teams for resolution
You should apply if...
- You are highly computer and Internet literate with previous experience of IT problem solving
- You have proven experience in a technical helpdesk role and excellent communication skills
- You have significant knowledge of scripting (such as Bash) and utilising Linux technologies
- You enjoy discovering how to make the most of Open Source software
- You have a proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
It’s a bonus if you...
- Have experience of coding, especially Ruby on Rails
- Are happy to work shifts which might, for instance, be 08:00 - 16:30, 12:30 - 21:00 or 15:30 - 00:00 and the occasional Sunday (our TS Agents work some Saturdays and Bank Holidays on a rota basis)
- Have worked within the digital imaging industry
- An annual salary of £17,000 - £20,000 (depending on ability) for the equivalent of a 40 hour week
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years
- A generous bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the company, paid at Christmas
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
- A healthy social calendar
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter explaining how you fulfil the role above and describing an interesting customer service project or technical problem that you've worked on recently.
Apply with this, your full CV and a link to a GitHub account (if you have one) in the form of attachments ONLY.
Deadline for applications: 6th June 2018 with interviews expected to take place on the week commencing 11th June 2018.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.