Process Operator / Production Operative / Manufacturing
Job Title: Process Operator
Salary: up to £25,000 OTE
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is part of a $450million global business supplying the automotive and steel industries.
Due to the market demands they are expanding some sections of their business, therefore seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated operators to join the successful operations team at Derby.
The Company is looking for experienced production operators who are willing to operate across a 7 day, 24 hour production pattern, however full training will be provided.
- Work across site in all manufacturing departments as business demands require
- Have direct responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of plant and equipment
- Be a key figure in achievement of production targets
- Act as an integral figure in completion of company targets and objectives as specified by manufacturing management team in line with annual company plans and company strategies
- Complete key designated tasks related to plant / job function
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Show proficiency in at least 2 of the following operations:-
- Fire products
- Achievement of all targets for product volumes and quality.
- Engage and participate in a work environment of "Continuous Improvement"
- Complete daily process cleaning and associated duties as required
- Carry out defined 5S duties
- To learn any other core skills from main duties that the jobholder is not fully trained upon
- Safe operation of plant
- Product quality produced is optimised and within defined company specifications
- Compliance with housekeeping standards relevant to your area
- Achieve company designated technical norms for plant operation
The holder of this job will be regularly assessed for competency on
- Achievement of plant downtime technical norms
- Achievement of plant yield technical norms
- Achievement of plant production rate technical norms
- Achievement of all quality requirements
- No accidents/incidents within your areas of operation
- Plant hygiene levels maintained to required standard
- Plant equipment preventative maintenance carried out as specified by management and engineering functions
- Plant recycle methodologies are followed
- Site waste disposal methodologies are followed
- Committed to Safety
- Quick learner
- Ability to work quickly & accurately - experience in high volume manufacturing environment would be ideal
- High level of focus on Quality of work
- Flexible in approach
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Process Operator, Production Operator, Processing Plant Operator, Process Plant Operative, First Line Operations Support, First Line Plant Operations Support and Production Coordinator may also be considered for this role.