Lecturer in Vocational Business
Lecturer in Vocational Business
Salary: £23,431.00 - £33,252.00 Per Annum
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
With the ability to deliver Business across the full range of the department’s provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge in a core field of Business, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent and be competent in the use of a variety of industry standard business software packages (eg MS Office, DTP). You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
- to teach Business across the full range of the department’s provision including First Diploma, Extended Diploma and HND courses.
- to undertake core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days and Parents’ Evenings, setting and marking of examination papers and the preparation of flexible learning materials.
- to act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
- to play a full part in the organisational and developmental work of the Department and Faculty including assistance with quality assurance systems.
- to be involved, as necessary, in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
- to be involved, as necessary, in Employer Engagement activities.
- to participate in the Course and Departmental Self Assessment Reporting process.
Required Skills and Experience:
- has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or has recent and relevant industrial experience
- ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
- is experienced in a core field of Business such as marketing, human resource management, economics, management, law, retail, administration, supply chain management, etc. It would be advantageous to be able to deliver units in accounting and/or digital marketing.
- is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- is competent in the use of a variety of industry standard software packages, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, DTP, web page design, etc.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Vocational Business, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 28 th May 2018
Interviews are likely to take place Monday 4 th June 2018
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.