Role Profile – Marketing & Communications Manager
Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 per week)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, plus up to 20% bonus opportunity
About our company;
Sewell Group has a long and illustrious history dating back to 1876, leading the way in core businesses areas; Investments, Projects, Construction, Safety, Health & Environment, Facilities and Fuel & Convenience Retailing.
Sewell is recognised as a ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’, living the core philosophy of ‘a great place to work and a great company to deal with’, with customers and communities at its heart.
The Professional Services Team (PST) works across the portfolio of companies that form part of Sewell, providing Finance, People (Human Resources), Communications, Information Technology and Health, Safety & Environmental support, advice and guidance
The role is to join a lean and productive Marketing and Communications Team (Marcomms), working across all aspect of our diverse Group of companies. The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of the company’s marketing and communications activity, working closely with the business unit leads.
- To lead on the development and implementation of Group marketing and communications strategies, working with the wider Marcomms team and business unit leads.
- To contribute to the protection of a number of strong regional brands
- To position the brands in their respective markets to support customer growth and retention
- To lead on internal communications plans, working alongside the People Team
- To work with the wider Marcomms team to develop appropriate communications outputs, both including both online and traditional activity
- To coordinate and manage events across the company, liaising with colleagues, partners and clients as appropriate
- To produce high quality copy for a range of communications outputs
- To up skill our teams, continually improving the Groups communications skills
- To ensure brand corporate guidelines are used consistently throughout the company
- To maintain positive relations with clients, partners and media.
Skills and attributes:
As well as exhibiting our company behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following:
- A full UK driving licence, valid in the UK, and own transport
- Have extensive experience in a marketing and communications role
- Be able to demonstrate strong management experience and resource planning
- Energy, passion and excellent communications and relationship skills
- A creative thinker with excellent writing skills, across all communications content
- Experience of managing digital, film and PR agencies
- Crisis management experience
- Ability to project manage multiple accounts or work streams in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing client and media relations
- Intermediate levels of computer literacy and be comfortable with Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A team player, with a hands on approach
- Ability to see the bigger picture and the confidence to respectfully challenge
- Possess a positive approach to learning and development
- Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked
- CIM qualified, or another relevant qualification
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services.
As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.