Junior Surveyor (Permanent Position) – Wireless Infrastructure Group
£25,000-£30,000 plus benefits
A Junior Surveyor is required to play a key role in the Operations Department of a successful and growing Tower Company with interests in over 2000 sites across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Property & Estates Department of Wireless Infrastructure Group. The role will include assisting the team in securing property approvals and be responsible for the throughput of the wayleaves in accordance with the organisations agreed process.
The role will include assisting the Estates Team in dealing with day to day Estates matters, including liaising with Landlords in regards to any associated access or financial matters. There will also be a requirement to assist the Estates Team in dealing with assignments, lease renewals and valuations.
The role will include providing the organisation with regular updates on the progress of all activities, updating the relevant databases and undertaking associated administration duties.
The role is based in the organisations Birmingham (Solihull) office.
- Recently qualified graduate with relevant Surveying or Estate Management Degree.
- Experience in a Tower company (not essential).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to respond well in a pressured and deadline driven environment and be able to manage their workload and prioritise as required.
- High levels of organisation skills to manage a very broad set of responsibilities, with an eye for detail.
- Able to analyse problems or situations and create solutions to achieve the best and most efficient outcome.
- Good presentation skills & effective communicator.
- Good MS Office skills in particular excel (Intermediate level).
- Ability to undertake detailed research.
Reporting directly into Delivery Manager.
- Assist in the management of wayleaves in accordance with the agreed wayleave process. Including the attendance of regular conference calls with customers and vendors and updating of status reports.
- Coordinate the landlord consents to facilitate sharer equipment upgrades/new equipment installations in accordance with the organisation agreed processes.
- Provide support to Estates Team in delivering key programmes to the business.
- Assist the organisation in the delivery of targets.
- Support the team in developing new processes, procedures and systems.
- Provide the team regular reports on the status of asset surveys.
- Ensure that escalations to Delivery Manager are made in the required and timely fashion.
- Updating the organisations management system.
Technical skills required/desired
- Proficiency in using all Microsoft and Excel applications.
- Organisational skills. The role requires a high degree of management of multiple activities.
- Accurate and Attention to Detail – High level of accuracy is required when reporting and interfacing with customer and portfolio contacts.
- Team working – Interface with internal and external contacts.
- Good communicator – High standard of communication skills required when liaising with colleagues and external contacts.