New opportunity not to be missed! Weir Minerals have an exciting opportunity for a Machining Specialist to join our team based in Todmorden. We are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group plc, the business has been established for over 100 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
The Machining Specialist Role
Consistent & sustainable productivity increase is the key deliverable of the role of Machining Specialist. This will be achieved through structured manufacturing process development, focusing on the machinist of Weir Minerals products on all equipment.
The role will focus on the following:
- Reduced changeover times
- Improved machining cycle times
- Increased equipment “up-time”
- Better testing and use of new tooling and technology
- A 5% YOY increase in productivity is expected across the machine tool population with the Todmorden plant.
Key responsibilities as our Machining Specialist:
Lead the optimisation of machining processes. Focusing of the following key areas:
- Machining optimization
- Changeover time reduction
- Machine tool maintenance
- “Real time” machine tool monitoring systems
- CAD / CAM
- In machine probing
- Systems for automatic part loading etc.
Facilitate the knowledge transfer process to all machine locations in the Weir Minerals Global Operations network.
Lead a number of best practice sessions throughout the year for representatives from around the globe.
Our ideal Machining Specialist will:
- Previous experience in similar role is essential
- Hands on and practical in approach.
- Technical expert in the programming and operation of CNC equipment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively impart knowledge in a classroom environment
- Good project management skills
- HNC or Degree in Engineering discipline would be advantageous.
In return we offer the following salary and benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holiday
- Onsite Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Reward scheme
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Machining Specialist.