Business Tax Analyst and Auditor
I am recruiting for a Business Research Analyst and Auditor working for a company who specialise in helping businesses save money with tax relief. This is a field based position where you will choose to be based in either London, Midlands, Northeast or Southwest. This position is paying a basic salary of up to £36000 plus bonus which could be up to an additional £12000 annually and a company car or car allowance.
My client are highly specialised in what they do, they have helped their clients, both individuals and businesses save over £150 million in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure.
This is a client facing role which involves going into businesses and researching and analysing the clients projects/activities and expenditure; working under government guidelines you will then create a report which will be submitted to the HMRC explaining what tax relief the client is entitled to.
Your working week will be varied, out on the road, on average conducting 4 client meetings a week (2 a day over 2 days, these will have been booked for you) and then working from home the other days, creating the reports from your in depth research and analysis you have taken out in the meetings.
Please note on occasions this position may involve 1 or 2 overnight stays within your region a week and also 1 or 2 Fridays a month spent at the head office based in Manchester.
- Develop a strong understanding of government guidelines / legislation and HMRC guidance in regard to research and development activity (previous knowledge of this is not required)
- Meet with senior business owners/leaders on a face to face basis and complete in depth business/project analysis
- Put together professional reports in a narrative format to include areas such as strategies, reports, briefings, expenditure, benefits
- Conduct overall business analysis including discussions about the shape of a client's business and the internal processes within it to establish qualifying projects (purpose, problems, solutions, time frames)
- Evaluating qualifying research and development activity present in relation to HMRC guidance and legislation
- Reviewing and interpreting the organisation's financial accounts
- Formulating a report on key activity and associated qualifying costs
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the company's internal systems
Due to the nature of this position there is in depth training provided. The successful candidate must be committed to spending up to 3 days/nights a week based in Manchester (fully expensed) for the first 6 weeks whilst you develop a real understanding of the government guidelines and what information you will be looking for in your client meetings.
***Current team consists of law graduates, a solicitor, PHD graduates, an accountant and project manager so different backgrounds will be considered***
- FULL UK driving license (3 points max)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of creating professional, well written narrative reports from data/information you have researched
- Strong verbal and written communication proficiency and proven ability to guide stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Client engagement experience, either with businesses or non-profits
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients (senior business owners/leaders in a professional and technically competent manner
- Attention to detail and robust organisational skills - including time management
- Methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
- Team working skills - along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others from a wide range of backgrounds
- Willingness to learn
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION INCLUDING HOLDING A FULL UK DRIVING LICENSE AND CAN COMMIT TO THE TRAINING***
Salary and Benefits
- Salary - £28000 - £32000 based in Midlands, Southwest or Northeast
- Salary - up to £36000 based in London
- Circa £12000 annual bonus based on personal performance (paid quarterly)
- Potential of £3000 annual bonus based on company performance
- Company car or car allowance
- Opportunity to progress within the business
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Travel expenses
Does this sound like your ideal job?
If you are and interested in this position I AM KEEN TO HEAR FROM YOU please send your cv and follow up with a call 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***