WESTMEAD, CASTLEFORD, WF10
SALARY: £8.75 PER HOUR
FULL TIME/ PART TIME/ BANK STAFF
The Bridge provides community based registered care services for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex care needs. We provide personalised outcome based support to enable individuals with enhanced care and support needs to live safely, happily and successfully in the community.
We take a fresh perspective to individuals support needs and like to do things differently. That means focusing on the important aspects of what matters to the people we support and keeping it simple wherever else possible.
Everyone’s opinion matters to us and we see this as key to the success of the people we support. The Bridge recognises the value and importance of developing a safe and reliable home setting for the people we support; their families; the people we employ and for the commissioners who fund services.
Our new residential care home at Westmead supports seven people, each within their own homely flat based accommodation. We are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
- Competitive salary – we are a real living wage employer
- £8.75 per hour (after probation)
- £8.50 per hour whilst on probation
- A comprehensive induction with ongoing training
- Flexible hours
Full time roles 35-42 hours
Bank staff roles
Opportunity for overtime
- An inclusive culture. We are a small growing organization and value the opinion of everyone within our workforce. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to the lives of the people you support.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Opportunities for progression and career development to suit your own aspirations
Purpose of the role
The people we support are at the heart of everything we do. Your role will involve supporting individuals to live their lives to their maximum potential in a way that they want to. This will be a varied and diverse role that will involve supporting individuals with a broad variety of daily activities, independent living skills and routines important to their respective wellbeing.
We are looking for individuals who can make a real difference to the people we support. Some of the individuals we support will at times display complex or difficult to understand behaviours that will require a degree of understanding to determine how best to respond. We will provide you with a comprehensive induction, training and support to build the right skills and experience to feel equipped to respond positively in these situations.
Our aim is to understand people’s different viewpoints of the world around them and mould our approach to their needs. You will have the benefit of seeing the progress people make when supported in the right way, in the right home environment.
What we’d like from you…to live our values
- Change perceptions. See the world through the eyes of the people we support and mould the world around them
- Take a different outlook. Be confident to use our wealth of experience and knowledge to look at unique situations differently
- Be nice, kind, patient, resourceful, open minded, resilient and forgiving
- Understand why situations occur. We take an evidence based approach to why behaviour occurs and how to respond appropriately.
- Everyones opinions matters. We value every individual as part of the team and they are key to the success of the people we support and the organisation
We are a values-based recruiter so prior experience is not required though is of course welcome! All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) paid for by the company.
The Bridge are committed to anti-discriminatory policies and practices and it is essential that the post holder shares and promotes this.