Condition Monitoring Engineer
Site Service Engineer – Condition Monitoring
Field Based – Yorkshire Area
£28k plus – negotiable depending on experience - with benefits
Drive Management Services Ltd is a progressive, forward thinking company, specialising in the field of condition monitoring, lubrication and reliability engineering.
Condition Monitoring is the practice of monitoring the health of industrial machinery to assist companies in reducing the amount of unscheduled machine breakdowns, which could otherwise result in significant costs. This service also enables clients to reduce the amount of scheduled planned maintenance tasks.
As a Site Service Engineer you will be responsible for visiting client sites, undertaking the following tasks:-
· Condition based monitoring services (incorporating vibration analysis, ultrasound, thermal imaging, oil sampling & motor testing).
· Installation and servicing of fixed continuous monitoring systems & automated lubrication systems.
· Lubrication services on all rotating components.
To succeed in this position you must have an engineering background with a good mix of mechanical and electrical skills as detailed:
A recognised mechanical qualification.
A basic understanding of plant and machinery.
The ability to use basic mechanical tools.
Be capable of identifying electric motors, gearboxes, pumps, fans, compressors, etc.
An understanding of condition based monitoring & vibration – preferably VA1 qualified
A good knowledge of mathematics & their relationship with engineering.
· A knowledge of Analogue or digital signals and circuits.
· Be capable of undertaking wiring tasks in simple control panels that incorporate system controllers and microcontrollers.
· Installation and transmission of information via a cable or optical fibre.
· An understanding of sensing and measuring devices for vibration, temperature, sound, voltage, current, pressure and flow.
You will need to be highly organised, well presented with the ability to communicate at all levels. The role involves visiting clients premises where you will be expected to work safely and in accordance with workplace rules and regulations. This can often involve lone working on our client’s manned sites.
Additionally you need to be fully computer literate including the use of Microsoft Office, MS Outlook, E-mail browsers Internet ‘Web’ browsers and ideally some CAD mechanical and electrical software applications applicable to the engineer’s position.
DMS are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible engineer who can provide a professional service to our “blue chip” clients throughout the UK. In return DMS can offer the successful candidate a challenging role within a dynamic and fast growing company, offering the opportunity to develop within the business. DMS will provide a company vehicle, pension, training and all the necessary equipment to carry out the role.
The role does require extensive UK wide travel including overnight stays. Occasional weekend work will be required.