Design Engineer / Principal Design Engineer
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Leyland, Lancashire
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is looking for a Design Engineer to fill a new and exciting role within a growing company, based in Leyland, Lancashire. Working on design of swimming pools and wet leisure facilities throughout the UK
The candidate will work closely with the director and estimating team in design engineering specialist swimming pools and filtration systems incl. water play equipment, plant rooms, pool structures, moveable floors and wellness experiences; You will be responsible for maintaining and further developing relationships with design teams on new and existing projects, further development of technical systems. As this is a specialist sector training will be given to the incoming cadidate.
- Education - HNC or HND in Engineering with a membership of recognised engineering institute or professional body
- Experience - Ideally a minimum 3 years experience of working in a building services or mechanical engineering field. As we are looking to develop our technical services the ideal candidate would have 2 years experience working on BIM level 2
- Technical Knowledge - An excellent knowledge within the building services and mechanical/water processes, swimming pool filtration would be ideal but not essential as training will be given
- IT Knowledge - Microsoft package, AutoCAD and BIM Modelling Package (Revit etc)
- Commercial Attributes - Commercial awareness of project profitability and liaising with commercial manager
- Project Administration - Ability to work to ISO9001;2015 QMS
- Relationship Management - Candidate will need to have the ability to liaise and communicate both written and verbally well with others and maintain and develop relationships with clients and other members of the teams
- Personal Abilities - The right candidate will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm to deliver in a busy SME working on their own initiative or part of the team and continually assist in development of personal and team efficiencies.
- Flexibility & Adaptiveness - As a small medium enterprise they are a close nit group and the candidate will be able to adapt and work with all relevant team members and managers in an industry the company is aiming to keep growing in.
Pension Scheme, 20 days holiday per annum plus statutory holidays, a discretionary bonus scheme dependant on company profitability.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Design Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, Technician, Design Technician, Mechanical Design Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Aeronautical Engineer, EIT Qualifications, Product Design Engineer will also be considered for this role.