Assistant Accountant / Accounts Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company, a manufacturer of Cereal & Meat Free products in both the retail & business to business sectors is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Assistant Accountant. This is a varied role within a small & busy accounting department working with a well-known cereal brand. It is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate with the opportunity to develop & make the role their own. This will require the creation of strong relationships across the Company's functions as it is a varied role with exposure to all parts of the business & accounting functions.
Main responsibilities & duties include:
- Ensure the brand sales orders & sales ledger are accurate & up to date.
- Maintain tight credit control of the brand.
- Carry out weekly stock reconciliations & maintain accurate stock records.
- Ensure the brand purchase ledger is accurate & up to date.
- Assist the weekly payment run.
- Prepare & present the monthly management accounts.
- Involvement with bank reconciliations, VAT returns, Intrastat & National Statistic returns.
- Assist with accounting duties for other parts of the business.
You must be able to work on your own initiative with a hands on, common sense approach to tasks. Work as part of a team & be able to clearly communicate issues & recommendations in a timely manner. Accuracy is essential along with the ability to work to tight deadlines. Experience of working with major retailers, EDI systems & SAP Business 1 or similar accounting packages would be an advantage.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Management Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Bookkeeper, Credit Controller, Finance Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Management Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Credit Control, Cash Flow Reporting, Sales Ledger Maintenance will also be considered for this role.