School Office Secretary and Receptionist
A confident, welcoming, professional school office Secretary/ Receptionist is required at our Pre Prep School working with children aged 2-7. The selected candidate will be required to complete administration tasks to support the running of the school. An excellent communicator with good Maths and English skills.
Term time only, plus 4 weeks, 08:00 -17:00 Monday to Friday. Salary depending on experience.
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2018
The school is committed to the safeguarding of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and DBS.
Pre Prep Secretary – Job Description / Job Purpose
To provide secretarial and administration support to the Head of Pre Prep
To be the first point of contact for the school as the Pre Prep reception and administrator
Have safeguarding of children as a priority
The Head of Pre Prep
Key Tasks and responsibilities
PA to the Head of Pre Prep
- To carry out all duties as a personal assistant to the Head of Pre Prep, including co-ordinating their diary and appointments and co-ordinating the diary of the Deputy Head of Pre Prep
- To ensure clear lines of communication, between the Head of Pre Prep and staff, parents, other schools and external organisations, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- To assist the Head of Pre Prep in organising and managing events such as Pre Prep sports day, concerts, productions and parent consultation evenings.
- To create, maintain and manage administration records such as parent email addresses, awards given to pupils, confidential reports, filing and retrieval of information
- Liaise with the Head’s PA – with regards to diaries, visits etc.
School Receptionist and Administration
- To provide the first point of contact for the Pre Prep department, welcoming families and visitors, referring them to the appropriate place either by telephone or face to face.
- Provision of a first class reception service including the efficient and courteous management of incoming telephone calls and visitors
- Responding to emails sent to the Pre Prep admin account, ensuring things are acted on promptly, either replying yourself or forwarding to the relevant person
- Attend relevant admin / diary meetings
- Assist the teachers in the organisation of school trips, ensuring transport provision is arranged and liaising with appropriate travel companies
- Support the rest of the admin team across the school as and when required
- Collating ad hoc and end of term mailings to parents
- Distributing post to the relevant staff
- Liaise with the Bursary department on school events and logistics to ensure the school calendar is accurate and diarised events are shared with the appropriate staff and parents
- Organising school photos over the year (coordinating as necessary with the Prep office)
- To be a point of contact for new entrants, liaising with them about appropriate uniform and directing them to the appropriate places to obtain the uniform
- To create, maintain and manage admin records on the School’s central database (PASS) as required, making sure lists and records are accurately maintained
- Interact with pupils who may need support in a positive and caring way
- Ensure that the Pre Prep office area is a tidy and welcoming environment that presents an excellent first impression for Sevenoaks Prep
- To be able to administer first aid. Training will be provided.
- Take part in wider school events such as productions, parents’ evenings, fund raising events and other diarised events.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and understand the need to be discrete
- To have a confident, warm and welcoming manner
- To foster positive relationships with parents, being discrete at all times
- To have excellent organisational skills and to be able to use ICT effectively
- To have a smart, professional appearance
- To take an active role in the promotion of the School and its aims
- To have an ability to act upon initiative and to anticipate and react independently to solve problems and to prioritise work
- To have patience, energy and enthusiasm
- To have an ability to remain calm when under pressure, maintaining a good sense of humour
- To be co-operative with high standards of tact and diplomacy
- To have the ability to work as part of a team
- A minimum requirement of GCSE English and Maths