Caretaker / Maintenance Officer
Job Title: Caretaker
Salary: £22-25,000 per annum depending on experience +£120 per week when On Call
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (35h per week, Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. - Plus ability to attend to emergency when on call)
The Company has been an established provider of Sheltered Housing for over 30 years and Facilities Management services for over 10 years and is proud to provide high standards of service, demonstrated by achieving a Customer Excellence Accreditation.
They are looking for a dedicated, professional and reliable Caretaker who is Passionate, Professional and Caring to be a part of their team.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work as part of an experienced and committed maintenance team, responsible for assisting in providing a high standard of caretaking duties at our various schemes within the Croydon area.
What you’ll need:
- Own vehicle.
- General Caretaking / Maintenance experience including painting and decorating skills, basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry skills with the ability to work unsupervised.
- You will have a genuine passion for giving a high quality service, pride yourself in having a professional approach and have a caring personality with the ability to communicate with the elderly.
- Experience of managing staff within a similar environment
What they will offer in return:
- A competitive salary plus 28 days holiday, pro rata for part time working (including statutory bank holidays)
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1000 per year on your routine healthcare costs
- Employee Advice Line, offering a 24 hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Company Pension Scheme which pays above the minimum employer contribution rate
- Employee Recognition Schemes, including Employee Excellence Award and additional holiday for qualifying service
- A comprehensive induction and training programme with on-going development
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
The Company is committed to Equality & Diversity
Upon receipt of your application the Company will process your data for recruitment purposes only. They would like to keep this data until their open role is filled. They cannot estimate the time period but when that period is over, the Company will either delete your data or inform you that they will keep it on record for future roles.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Maintenance Engineer, Handyperson, Multi-skilled Engineer, Plumber, Painter, Decorator, Electrical Maintenance, Builder, General Builder, Installations, Pipe Repairs, Kitchen Maintenance, Bathroom Maintenance, Kitchen Repairs, Bathroom Repairs, Electrical Services, Builder, Property Maintenance will also be considered for this role.