We are the Cornish Seal Sanctuary and are part of the SEA LIFE Trust!
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our team at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary in Gweek.
As part of the Senior Management team you will report directly to the General Manager and run all aspects of the business and the team on a day-to-day basis to deliver a memorable visitor experience and to achieve the financial targets in the commercial areas.
In addition you are responsible for recruitment, training and tasked with providing clear direction for the team against the business plan. The position will include full duty management responsibilities and therefore a responsible approach to supervision is required.
Most importantly, you will provide leadership and direction for the Front of House, Commercial and Entertainment teams against the business plan and appraisal objectives.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- Experience within an operations role in a leisure or similar business is essential
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate, manage performance and drive results within your teams
- You will also have excellent communication and organisational skills, enjoy challenging situations and be able to create a positive and innovative working atmosphere
- You’ll also possess high standards when it comes to ensuring our site is clean and presentable
- You will be great at managing demanding and changing priorities and will have experience of working to budgets, controlling costs and general business administration
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible/adaptable as per the business operational requirements
- Experience of Health & Safety regulations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite inclusive of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This role is a Full Time, maternity cover, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 25 days holiday you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan,
- Merlin Magic pass,
- Employee Assistance Programme,
- Childcare Vouchers,
- Life Assurance,
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of Lego, and much more!
The Cornish Seal Sanctuary in Gweek is run by the SEA LIFE Trust, a UK registered charity and is the only fully operational seal rescue centre in Cornwall. Our seal sanctuary provides a lifeline for stray, sick and injured seal pups which have been discovered around the Cornwall coast.
The Sanctuary is a busy rescue centre, and also has resident Grey Seals, Common Seals, Patagonian & Californian Sea Lions, Penguins, Otters, Goats, Sheep and Ponies. Occasionally the Sanctuary's facilities and expertise are called upon to aid in the rescue of other marine creatures such as Dolphins and Turtles.