Food Quality Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Food Quality Officer to join our Technical Team, within our Head Office in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
As an Artisan and Fine Foods market leader, we are seeking a motivated individual to join our busy team, in our Bakery. The appointed person shall be an established and credible Food Quality Officer with proven experience.
- Monitoring of food safety, quality and legality within the manufacturing environment
- Coordination of quality assurance in line with internal and external specifications
- Assistance with BRC and internal policy compliance
- Maintain procedures for BRC accreditation
- Member of the HACCP Team
- Responsibility for completing CCP checks
- Manage and constantly improve the quality systems used throughout the bakery and warehousing operations to ensure food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Audit the processes that maintain quality systems and ensure compliance in line with Good Manufacturing Procedure (GMP)
- Assist in the management of customer complaints and trading standards enquiries including product recall, and manage a shelf life library.
- Work with the Technical Manager to create the technical aspects of all labelling including ingredient lists, translations and nutritional panels, from recipes issued by the NPD Team
- Provide guidance on legal compliance related to labelling.
- Create HACCP documents as required and assist in maintaining and monitoring the HACCP system
- Create TACCP documents as required and assist in maintaining and monitoring the TACCP system
- Ensure that all aspects of food safety, quality and legal compliance are maintained.
- Manage an ongoing shelf life library of finished products.
- Monitor the quality systems used on site, taking appropriate remedial action in the case of non-compliance.
- Undertake informal supplier auditing, if appropriate, and manage any raw material compliance certificates.
- Assist in the maintenance of the master product matrix and internal and finished goods specifications.
- To observe and exercise the responsibilities outlined in the company’s health & safety policy.
- Sign off all QF-PAK sheets at time of use during production
All Candidates must have the right to work in the UK, and have necessary experience to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
- Level 2 HACCP (minimum)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene (minimum)
- Internal auditing experience
- Experienced in a Quality/Technical role - preferably gained in food industry
- Experience with BRC standards or similar
- Team player but can work under own initiative also
- Ability to work rotating shifts (occasional weekends when running Gluten Free production)
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word & Excel
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits. These include discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts
NO AGENCIES THANKYOU