Sales Ledger Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Sales Ledger Assistant to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a full time, fixed term basis of up to 1 year. You will receive a competitive salary of £18,358 - £20,068 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Sales Ledger Assistant you will be required to support the Sales Ledger team working in a busy Finance department at our Chichester Campus.
Our Sales Ledger Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate recording of debt owed to the Group
- Timely issuing of invoices, credit notes and statements
- Timely and accurate posting of cash to the correct sales ledger account
- Banking cash and liaising with the Cash Office
- Preparing and posting sales ledger journals where necessary
- Reconciling Group control accounts and assisting with month end routines as required
- All aspects of Group credit control and compliance with credit control procedures
- Maintaining effective audit trails to source documents
- Operating across the Group Finance System (ABW), Student Records System (EBS/UnitE), Accommodation System (KX), International System (CLASS) and the Nursery System (Connect) as required
Skills & Experience required of our Sales Ledger Assistant:
- GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Experience working in a busy finance environment
- Experience operating a computerised accounting package
- Sales ledger role experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Debt Collection procedures
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more.
Closing date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
This role is for a fixed term period of maternity cover up to a maximum of one year, or the return, resignation or replacement of the current post holder, whichever is sooner.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Sales Ledger Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.