Community Support Worker
Community Support Worker
Salary: £19,336 progressing to £21,485
Permanent – 37 hours per week
Housingrecruit.com is advertising for a Community Support Worker on behalf of our client, a leading social housing provider based in Portsmouth
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will be working as part of a team to provide community support to homeless clients. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Day in the life of a Community Support worker
- You will have your own caseload of clients to manage within the community and will work with them on a one to one basis. You will identify their needs by listening to them and put together a client needs assessment and manage risks.
- You will mediate and or negotiate with existing housing providers to ideally prevent homelessness
- You will help and support individuals by providing advice on housing, welfare benefits, rent deposits and household goods via a variety of schemes.
- You will help clients with the practicalities of moving to new accommodation such as contacting energy suppliers
- Help individuals develop practical skills further in areas such as budgeting, shopping, cooking housework, laundry, health and hygiene
- Carry out drop in surgeries at designated locations.
Our client is a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. They will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. They are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Giving Clients Choice & Control, Being Open and Honest and Equality & Diversity
Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have a real passion for wanting to work with homeless people. Your values will match our client’s, you will be committed to helping others and enjoy the real job satisfaction that this brings.
Closing Date: 4th June 2018
Interview Date: 12th June 2018
How to apply:
For more information about the role or to complete the application process please click the apply button to go to the recruiter’s website.