Working Hours:Full Time , Hours per week - 37
Location:The Trees, Deveron Way, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE100XD
Closing date:30 May 2018 at midnight
Salary Range: £17,790 - £18,849
Following a staffing structural review of this team in order to provide a modern and flexible service that will be able to meet the needs of the exsiting and future service users within this learning disability residential, short breaks and community life choices provision in Hinckley we are now in the position to add to our valuable support worker team.
The posts are advertised as permanent and range from a minimum of 21.5 hours per week to full time.
There is an expectation that you will be willing to work a flexible rota including days, evenings, bank holidays and weekends.
The post holder will be responsible in providing direct care and support to service users accessing the Councils short breaks, community life choices and residential provision. The post holder will plan, monitor,review and provide support packages to service users maintaining a high standard of support and care to people, ensuring their emotional, physical, cultural and social needs are met, promoting the rights and independance of the individual.
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills sufficient to engage with service users,colleagues and our external partners.
- Ability to write clear and consise written records.
- Ability to assist with the moving and handling of service users.
- Ability to manage workloads and prioritise.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and respond appropriately to crisis situations.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For more information or to arrange a visit to find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact Lisa Weir on Tel: 0116 305 6662 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact email@example.com