Office Manager / Operations Coordinator / Business Support
Job Title: Office Manager & Document Controller
Location: Borehamwood, Herts
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 8am - 5pm (Flexible)
Start Date: June 2018
The Company are a high-end residential builder who, in recent years, have completed projects with high profile clients such as naturalist David Attenborough, musician Noel Gallagher & actor Tom Hardy, and have been nominated for many prestigious awards in construction, most recently in 2017, the RIBA Sterling Prize, the most respected award in British architecture.
This position within their small team is a pivotal role in delivering these complex and exciting construction projects. Their office- and site-based teams rely heavily on smooth and efficient communication of up-to-date information and provision of vital resources, organised by this team member.
The role is largely self-managing, and will involve communication with all parties engaged in the Company's projects, as well as dealing with architects and clients directly. The candidate will be expected to balance day-to-day requests with proactive control of mid- and long-term responsibilities, such as helping set up new projects, placing orders for next day delivery, keeping supplies in stock and organising regular maintenance. Being able to keep a cool head and positive approach when dealing with multiple urgent and complex tasks is of high importance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control and distribute incoming documentation from site teams and third party consultants, develop and manage digital and physical filing systems
- Ensure smooth running of office environment for staff by managing various elements of the workplace such as IT systems, telephones, printers, admin, post, stationery, kitchen & general office tidiness
- Warmly welcome guests and provide positive introduction and on-boarding sessions for new employees
- Provide vital support to site and mobile teams by controlling contracts and upkeep of leased vehicles, mobile phones & Wi-Fi, company uniform and workwear (PPE)
- Support office building landlord and other tenants with organisation of cleaning & maintenance, keys & access control, car park, lift and general tenant support
- Work alongside contracts managers and health & safety consultant to satisfy legislation and CHAS requirements and ensure site and office operatives are provided with necessary resources and training
- Develop relationships with Local Authority officials relevant to current projects and obtain necessary licensing and permissions for various construction processes
- Partner with project management teams to design and produce presentation brochures and documents for external distribution
- Assist with organisation of team social events, hospitality events with architects and third parties, and appropriate gifts for clients and architects at end of projects and Christmas
The candidate must have good IT skills and plenty of experience with spreadsheets, word processing and cloud file management systems (such as Dropbox). Knowledge of publishing programmes, InDesign specifically is preferred but not required. A keen attitude toward learning new skills and software, with support from other team members and independently, is expected. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Sufficient experience in a construction company and a good understanding of the various types of information associated with building projects is expected.
An excellent candidate in this role will work closely with the senior management team to update and improve efficiency of company processes and systems. As a small business, there are also plenty of opportunities to get involved in other areas of interest, such as marketing, recruitment, finance, etc. should career progression be desired.
Management are always available and will support the new team member to help develop the necessary skills and manage workload, especially during the initial setting in period.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter
Candidates with experience of; Office Manager, Operations Coordinator, Admin Manager, Admin Coordinator, Administration Manager, Office Coordinator, Business Assistant Manager, Office Administrator, Secretary, Office Coordinator, Business Operations Manager, General Office Manager, Office Operations, Business Support Manager, Business Support Coordinator will also be considered for the role.
Apply for Office Manager / Operations Coordinator / Business Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly