Senior Server Engineer
Senior Server Engineer
Delt is a commercial company owned by the public sector and working in the public interest. We deliver significant social-economic benefits to Plymouth, Devon and the wider South West peninsula. Do you have the experience of working in a dynamic environment and want to apply those Skills helping us grow?
As a Senior Server Engineer you will provide technical leadership for the support and development of IT services provided to our customers covering a range of technical disciplines.
Providing specialist technical advice for our IT services and infrastructure in a complex, multi-site and diverse organisation, with unique requirements from both local government and healthcare customers.
Contribute to the successful delivery of secure and compliant IT services by following best practice and guidelines adopted by the team which includes proactive monitoring of our IT services and infrastructure to ensure customer Service Level Agreements are not impacted.
Conduct investigation that lead to the resolution of technical incidents that impact service delivery as they arise.
Provide advice so that Infrastructure availability and capacity management is in line with best practice and compliance standards.
Provide specialist subject matter advice on technical projects to ensure fit for purpose solutions are implemented.
Conduct risk analysis to ensure the best solution to a business case is presented, considering advances in technology, capacity of the environment and business changes. While a range of solutions can exist for one requirement the post holder must provide advice on which solution is the most appropriate course of action, to ensure that consistent, supportable and documented standards are achieved in line with current business processes
- Deliver our IT services in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with IT strategy, architecture, best practice and industry standards. Work to corporate processes, procedures and develop and maintain the knowledge base for the Service.
- Work with colleagues and customers to ensure compliant services are delivered.
- Follow policies, plans and strategies relating to ITIL Incident, problem, change, capacity and availability.
- Follow policies relating to project and programme governance, including resourcing and time recording.
- To lead and mentor staff to increase their working knowledge.
- To carry out proactive monitoring of IT services and infrastructure.
- To provide estimates for work required by the customer under supervision of a manager.
- Support the production of corporate business cases, providing estimates for internal/external delivery of IT solutions.
- Carry out risk assessments as part of change management including assessing, implementing and testing changes.
- Work to reduce risk of service failure and lead on service restoration activities.
- To work with other teams to maximise the performance of IT services and infrastructure.
- To provide technical advice to our customers to maximise their understanding.
- Liaise with customers to ensure system maintenance will be prioritised to have the least impact.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure procedures are followed.
- Review and update procedures when necessary, and keep technical documentation accurate and current.
- Work to agreed Service Level Agreements and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators
- To keep abreast of new technology trends and developing solutions
- A willingness to undertake appropriate training as required.
- Ability to gain respect and buy-in from peers and senior stakeholders – the role will need to influence solutions and behaviors in support of the IT Infrastructure requirements of the organisation and its clients
- Analytical skills and a creative approach to problem solving
- 37 flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holiday's with the option to buy additional leave.
- Flexi leave
- Up to 10% pension contribution
- Training and Development
- Onsite parking
- Subsidised events
- Charity leave
- Discounted shopping cards
- Childcare vouchers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £33,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
Please email us if you are interested.
Apply for Senior Server Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly