We are currently seeking a full time Mechanical Design Manager to oversee the completion of design and drawings on multiple projects, the successful applicant will be working alongside the existing two design managers.
The organisation is a leading contractor who has a reputation in delivering high quality schemes. The company carry out work across all sectors; however their reputation is strong in the sectors of Commercial, Education Retail, Mixed use developments and Health Care. As the Design Manager you would be working office based from Canterbury, covering projects and attending site where necessary for meetings. The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of the delivery Design and Design Processes. This applicant should also be able to demonstrate their commercial and contractual awareness across the site.
Duties & Core Competences will include:
- Experience of a design engineer role in the production of calculations
- Experience of a design engineer role in the checking of calculations and drawings from sub contractors
- Ensuring drawings are checked before release to the client
- Proven design skills within a similar level role
- Value engineering
- Attendance as the companies representative at Design Team meetings
- Control design processes across the site
- Commercial awareness and control
Awareness of programme constraints and driving works to meet targets. Hours will be Monday to Friday 7.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.