Workshop Production Manager
Chartwell are a market leading Super Brand Accident Repair Facility that are approved by the world’s leading Manufacturers. The business operates to very high standards and requires a dedicated team to deliver what is expected by our customers and suppliers.
The main responsibilities within this role will be to manage and maintain the efficient running of the workshop team with around 25 productive and non-productive associated members of staff in order to meet the required timescales and deadlines. Communication and organisation are key elements to this role.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Is an organised individual with enthusiasm within their job and a desire for excellence.
- Has a clear ability to motivate a team and develop individuals.
- Has commercial experience or a background within the accident repair sector.
- Demonstrates a commercial understanding of the industry and has the ability to be sales astute, with any experience of estimating with a current VDA qualification being an advantage.
- Is able to demonstrate good leadership and management skills at all times.
Essential Skills include:
- Ability to control the flow of work through the workshop ensuring all staff are kept productive and efficient at all times and ensure the requirements of the business are met including achieving the relevant timescales and customer satisfaction results.
- Utilising industry knowledge to generate new business and efficient working best practice.
- Providing technical support and advice where necessary exploring innovative solutions to problem repairs.
- Providing a safe working environment for staff. Robustly monitoring safety behaviours, leading by your own example that safety is a high priority in this business.
- To assist with training and development of the skilled staff and apprentice's including checking and signing off their work where relevant.
- Communicating with all departments to ensure a cohesive working environment is maintained in line with business and customer expectations to achieve industry leading service levels and excellence.
- Ensuring all vehicle inspections and repairs are to manufacturer standards and are in line with the correct methods / company procedures, ensuring all repairs are compliant with the companies’ quality standards.
- Handling criticism well and learning from it by balancing the demands of a work life and a personal life.
- Complying with health and safety rules and regulations, ensuring the correct PPE is worn/used throughout and reporting any failings through the reporting procedure.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment, ensuring all tooling and specialist equipment is checked, tested and compliant in line with company policy.
-Maintaining sufficient security measures to prevent theft of company/personal property during and after normal working hours.
- Highlighting any shortfalls or issues relating to safety or maintenance immediately to the General Manager using your own initiative to take corrective action in the first instance to prevent harm.
Coping with Pressures and Setbacks:
- Can maintain a positive outlook at work.
- Is able to work productively in a pressurised environment.
- The ability to keep emotions under control during difficult situations.
Apply for Workshop Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly