4 days left
- Full Time
Based on the outskirts of Chester and providing a Catholic education for all, we are an 11-18 Voluntary Academy with 1,000 students on roll.
Scale 6 – point 21 £15,499 (£10.65 per hr) to point 25 £17,438 (£11.98 per hr) 32.5hrs per week term time only
The Governors of The Catholic High School, Chester are recruiting for an experienced SEN teaching assistant to join a small specialist team. The team, led by a highly experienced SENCO, includes an SEN teacher and a team of SEN TAs that work across the entire school and as part of a ASD provision which provides support and care for 15 students, including children that display challenging behaviour, non-verbal, have multiple learning needs and disabilities. This role will focus specifically on supporting a student who is visually impaired and with cerebral palsy yet confidently working towards increased independence.
This is a challenging but highly rewarding full time role suited to a candidate looking to specialise within secondary phase SEN.
The ideal applicant will have:
• Experience working with Secondary aged children with disability
• A high standard of communication skills with children or adults
• Commitment to professional development and a willingness to learn
• A passion for working with children and advocate of inclusive education
• Knowledge and Commitment to child Safeguarding
• The commitment and willingness to stay within the role for the entirety of the school year.
To be considered for this position you need to:
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Provide 2 year’s worth of professional or academic reference
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: 25 May 2018
All successful appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.