Vehicle Mechanic / Fitter
Vehicle Mechanic/Fitter – Aylesham, Kent – Competitive Salary – Full Time, Permanent
Our client is a leading demolition contractor based in Aylesham, near Canterbury in Kent.
Established over 50 years ago, our client specialises in demolition, asbestos removal, remediation and haulage across the South East and London.
To effectively assist the workshop manager with a variety of tasks in order that the department runs smoothly
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist the Workshop Manager with -
- To undertake routine servicing and repairs of company vehicles in the workshop
- To attend site visits throughout Kent and the south east to undertake maintenance checks
- To attend emergency call outs to company vehicles when required during working hours
- Experience of welding would be an advantage, but training will be given
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the workshop manager as required
- Ideally the candidate will have previous experience in a vehicle mechanic role within the construction or transport industry
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines, whilst under pressure
- Team player with good communication skills, who is also able to work independently on their own initiative
Salary will be dependent on experience.