ICT Support Technician
Multiple vacancies available
My client, a well recognised and reputable organisation within the public sector are seeking an experienced ICT Support Technician to join their team based in Lincoln
- To provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT technical support to Lincolnshire east CCG, Lincolnshire west CCG, South Lincolnshire CCG, South West Lincolnshire CCG, Lincolnshire community health services NHS Trust (LCHS), Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundations Trust (LPFT) and GP Practices throughout Lincolnshire.
- To actively assist in maintaining the LAN and WAN infrastructure of customer organisations to ensure they have maximum availability.
- To act as a technical advisor to staff throughout Lincolnshire and staff in organisations served by the partner organisations
- To actively assist other relevant staff in ensuring that all services comply with IM&T security guidelines, protocols and the code of connection.
- To assist in the training of temporary IT staff/contractors.
- Create and administer user accounts using Active Directory/exchange 2007 including password resets to conform to the computer use policy and to assist in the development of working procedures, using standard Microsoft products.
- Build, configure, asset, deliver and install IT equipment to customer desktop premises. This will regularly require lifting/carrying of equipment in excess of 15kg using mechanical aids and assistance where required
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to include initial logging of faults from customers, simple diagnostic testing and forwarding if appropriate
- Provide 3rd line technical support to investigate complex faults to resolution or escalation
- To trouble shoot desktop equipment to component/board level and replace as necessary
- To research and provide 'workarounds' for 'unknown' errors so that they become known errors.
- To take on project work in the evaluation and testing of new equipment with recommendations to senior management
- Provide training to new members of the support team
The candidate must;
- Have a recognised industry standard IT qualification (comp TIA A+, Comp TIA N+ or ECDL, HND in computing or equivalent
- Have demonstrable experience of configuration/installation or PC applications, peripherals and hardware
- Have specific knowledge and experience of configuration and use of troubleshooting hardware/software networking LAN/WAN windows 95/98/2000/XP/windows 7 Microsoft applications
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to provide assistance to customers as and when required
- Have understanding of confidentiality and data protection act
- Must hold a full UK driving licence