IT Services Technologist (Regional)
IT Services Technologist - Regional remit, to cover the North Midlands and North West
Home based, Company Car Scheme, Home Workers Allowance, Fixed Term Contract to 2 years
£27,038.91 per annum Plus Excellent Benefits (starting salary subject to experience)
Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year. We are now looking for an IT Services Technologist to join our team on a Fixed Term Contract.
As an IT Services Technologist, you will ensure all assigned operational work, upgrades, and support requests are dealt with to agreed levels of service and customer satisfaction; whilst supporting and assisting with other staff within the IT Services team and across the IT department.
You will assist the IT Services Manager by understanding and adhering to the strategies, policies, plans, and goals for the IT Services Team. You will also ensure that all assigned upgrade and implementation project work is completed professionally & documented, on time, and to agreed specifications.
- Help maintain a high level of availability and integrity for all of Cats Protection IT systems, resolving issues & requests in the most responsive, efficient, and cost effective manner. Maintain accurate and complete logs where appropriate.
- Supply & implement IT equipment and solutions that are robust and fit for purpose, enabling all sites, departments, volunteers and Branches to gain maximum benefit and productivity from their use of IT.
- Undertake necessary regular procedures, and check that they are successful and logged where appropriate
- Undertake (and sometimes lead) projects for new IT system implementations & upgrades - particularly where impacting workstations, distributed, and end-user equipment. These must be on-time, fully tested, & deliver the required additional functionality in accordance with the specifications, so they achieve a smooth & gradual progression of the IT systems which can be fully and easily supported.
- Assist the IT Services Manager to work within project budgets & expenditure – by helping to minimise costs and maximise returns on investment.
- Offer professional help, assistance, and support (which may include training, demonstrations, and presentations), to all staff, Branches, & volunteers for IT applications and systems, as within your capabilities and areas of expertise.
- Write user documentation and guidelines that are easy for the target audience to understand. Provide support and guidance to make sure these are followed.
- Understand and adhere to IT Services policies and procedures, suggesting improvements in these areas. Keep system documentation complete and up-to-date; minimize risks by spreading knowledge across multiple IT Services & Infrastructure staff.
- Understand and support the strategic and technical direction for IT across the Charity.
- Contribute to the ongoing development, execution, and review of organizational Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans as impacting IT systems.
- Provide support and backup to other IT functions when other staff are absent.
- Actively contribute to maintaining a good team spirit and working environment.
- Maintain close links and relationships with external suppliers / partners and other Charities as necessary to support Cats Protection goals and IT projects.
- Create good working relationships with colleagues, staff, and volunteers, and ensure regular, frequent, and effective communications are maintained.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, security and confidentiality policies affecting any sensitive information that may be encountered during the performance of duties.
- In effectively undertaking this role, some travel to other Cats Protection sites, Branches, external conferences and other organisations may be required, and there may be requirements for activities to be undertaken outside normal working hours.
- Regularly visit Adoption Centres, CP shops and other CP locations to help resolve IT issues and assist with installation/implementation of CP systems.
We are looking for the following essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- GCSE literacy & numeracy qualifications
- Experience in supporting Windows 7 or above based laptop/desktop configurations across a multi-site environment
- Experience of working in a busy Helpdesk/Service environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of IT hardware and software
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work on own initiative, generating own work with minimal input
- Experience of identifying needs, delivering a service and developing relationships at a range of levels in an organisation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to deliver constructive feedback effectively
- Ability to engender a supportive and co-operative work environment
- Experience in Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications – including Windows & Outlook
- Ability to work individually and as a proactive team member
- Constructive approach to solving problems, flexible and adaptable approach
- Able to demonstrate initiative and tenacity
- Aligned with CP values, mission and policy
- Able to travel within your designated region and around the UK - you are likely to visit the National Cat Centre on a monthly basis, and are likely to spend on average 4 days a week visiting our sites
Closing date - 31 May 2018
Interviews - week commencing 11 June 2018, likely to be in the Derby area
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of IT Services Technologist (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Services Technologist, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Field IT Support Engineer, IT Support.