We are looking for a technician to work on a contract with a minimum term of 12 months at a prestigious national organisation, maintaining a fleet of light commercial vehicles in a modern workshop.
- Working as a Mechanic, you will service, maintain and repair a fleet of light commercial vehicles and cars
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of cars and vans
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working a 2 week day shift rota, with shifts between 6am-2pm and 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
- Overtime is voluntary
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 3, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of cars and light commercial vehicles
- Have a full driving licence
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Quality-focused workshop with achievable job timings and realistic expectations
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable environment with a long-term contract offering an excellent chance of permanent employment for the right candidate at the end of the contract
- Candidates who go on to secure a permanent position can expect an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, generous holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, (Consultant Name)
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.