In line with the Global Finance Transformation, our Markets Finance function are launching new roles in parallel with the deployment of a global SAP implementation known as Program Mercury. One of these roles will be the Engagement Administrator who will be a member of a high performing and mixed rank team and part of the Markets Finance function.
This role will support the internal client serving engagement in various transactional activities and ensure a high quality service is provided at all times.
As a valued member of the UK FSO Finance team you will play a key role providing support and advice to our client serving engagement teams by utilising information they have provided to effectively manage their projects with EY's external clients and key this information directly into our new system. You will provide first level support to client Servers on processes supporting the engagement life cycle via technical conduits such as phone, online chat and email. The role will be quality focused working closely with colleagues in Finance while based in our Newcastle office. This is a varied role which will enable you to enhance and develop your career within EY. Furthermore, you will act as an ambassador for UK FSO Finance, embodying the EY culture and reputation.
Your key responsibilities
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all transactions are processed accurately and within a suitable timeframe
- Ensure that all queries are resolved to a suitable conclusion or escalated where required
- Provide guidance on local policy and leading practices
- Have a good understanding of EY internal systems which manage our sales, risk and financial processes
- Active management of support calls in ServiceNow (ticketing system), prioritise follow up activities and escalate where required
- Spend scheduled time resolving Client Server queries via calls/and online chats such as;
- Advising on opportunity creation and management
- Reviewing pricing plans and budgets in excel
- Provide guidance on Finance processes which support the engagement life cycle.
Skills and attributes for success
- Professional approach with a good understanding of the client perspective and the awareness to view issues empathetically
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good call handling skills, with a customer service focus
- Problem solving attitude with an analytical approach coupled with the aptitude to explain solutions in an effective manner
- Resilient disposition and able to deal with challenging users
- Time management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
- Desire to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
- Excellent written, oral and virtual communication skills
- Ability to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing, growing and high activity environment
- Confidence to anticipate client needs and recognise issues while seeking guidance on solutions where required
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience working with customers remotely and working under pressure
- Ability to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve problems and issues that arise
- Time management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively and flexibly to deal with key priorities
- Confidence to interact well with a diverse customer base
- Competence in Microsoft office with intermediate skills in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound attention to detail and be able to successfully meet deadlines
- An organised work methodology and be self-disciplined with the ability to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing, high activity environment
- Dedication to teamwork
Ideally you'll also
- Have experience in a customer support role
- Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with the ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
- Have experience in working for a professional service or consultancy environment
What we look for
You will be a trusted business advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service whilst maintaining high levels of customer service for internal stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.