22.4 hours per week. 38 working weeks per year.
Permanent Grade: D1. Actual Salary £8,560 per annum.
- the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers and parents
- organisational, planning and IT skills
- the ability to manage children and cope with challenging behaviour
- creativity to design materials and activities
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards
- listening to children read or reading to them
- helping children who need extra support
- helping teachers prepare materials that match development needs
- supervising group activities, including outings and sports events
- helping teachers manage class behaviour
- looking after children who are upset or unwell
- leading classes with help from the teacher
The successful candidate will have experience of working with students, preferably within a classroom environment.
Literacy and numeracy skills at GCSE Grade C or an equivalent are essential
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Provisional Interview Date: Tuesday 5th June 2018
All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.