Financial Controller required for large country estate which has a range of rural enterprises (let property, farming, events etc).
The successful applicant will be part of a small friendly team working from the estate office in beautiful parkland surroundings. He or she will need to demonstrate the required experience and qualifications for the role and will report directly to the estate owner. Experience of agriculture and rural estates is not a pre-requisite as greater importance will be attached to accountancy, management and inter-personnel skills.
The principal responsibilities of the role are:
- Production of both management and draft statutory accounts for all Estate entities (incorporated and unincorporated)
- Production of the twice-yearly Board/Trustee packs and monthly Management Information
- Consolidation of management information across the Estate
- Preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Handling day to day finance / banking operations
- Staff management (bookkeepers)
- VAT returns
- Managing the Accounts production process with the accountants
- Payment of suppliers
- Manage outsourced payroll
- Oversight of facilities and premises management
- Ensure accurate revenue recognition, including rent collection from an investment property
- Advise managers about financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit
- Creating business strategies to generate value
- Various finance admin duties as required
The principal qualifications and experience required are:
- Qualified or part qualified accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA/MAAT
- Demonstrable experience of a finance role.
- Spreadsheet capability required and a knowledge of Key Accounts an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong organisational skills; Ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
If you are interested in this challenging role, please apply to the estate office by way of a covering letter and cv.
The deadline for applications to be received is Sunday 17th June 2018