Procurement Assistant (Purchasing Administrator)
Our Client has an opportunity for a permanent Procurement Assistant / Administrator to join their busy purchasing department.
About the role:
The Procurement Assistant / Administrator will be part of a small but busy Purchasing team, converting sales requisitions into purchase orders, and being the day-to-day liaison with suppliers in terms of queries, invoice problem resolution and product management.
The individual will have responsibility for ensuring stock is purchased to meet sales demand, as well as monitoring inventory levels for stocked goods, both at Head Office and throughout the wider Group function.
Responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
• Placement of purchase orders with suppliers for stocked items and raw materials, including unlicensed products, licensed products, obtains and Aseptic items, in a timely manner to meet company expectations.
• Placement of consumable orders for both sterile (QPL Aseptics) and non-sterile divisions.
• Assisting in data cleansing of all obtains and wholesale lines on NAV, ensuring that descriptions are uniform within product ranges.
• Maintaining NAV with up to date pricing and expiry data. Ensuring the system has the most up to date information at all times.
• Assisting in opening up new supplier accounts on NAV in conjunction with the Quality Assurance and Finance teams.
• Maintaining drug tariff information on all wholesale and obtains lines within NAV in a timely manner, including all pricing updates.
• Running the Requisition Worksheets on NAV for Wholesale, Obtains, Raw Materials, Dispensary and order required products maintaining inventory levels on a daily basis.
• Look to identify product lines that should be stocked due to high volumes of orders, but also analyse stock movements to ensure that slow moving stock is removed from stock holding where possible.
This role is well suited to someone who has good data input or data management experience, ideally with some procurement or purchasing exposure. Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage, although not required.
They are looking for individuals with strong attention to detail, who can prioritise their workload accordingly to ensure all tasks are carried out in a timely manner. Ability to work and remain calm under pressure is a must.
A good practical understanding of Microsoft Office package, especially Word and Excel is required and prior knowledge of Microsoft Navision would be an advantage.
About the Group:
Our Client is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of niche medicines and services to the Healthcare sector. The Group operates through two divisions and across 6 sites in UK and Europe, offering a portfolio of innovative and complementary products and services. They are a fast-paced, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation with great aspirations!
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.