Assistant Centre Manger
Study Inn is opening a brand-new Centre in Bristol & our stunning accommodation will be opening in September 2018. We’re very excited to be showcasing our amazing facilities and services with 296 luxury studio rooms and 54 serviced kitchens. We are now recruiting for exceptional talent to match our facilities!
We are recruiting for an Assistant Centre Manger working hours: 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week including days, evenings and weekends, however due to business surges there may also be a requirement to work overtime during the company’s busy periods. Salary of £19,000 per year with an achievable bonus of £1,424 per annum.
Our Ideal Assistant Centre Manager:
Our ideal Assistant Centre Manager candidate will come from a 4 or 5-star hotel background with experience from either rooms division, or assistant/head housekeeper. Experience within the student accommodation sector is not essential but would be an advantage. Your core responsibility will be overseeing the housekeeping team and supporting the Centre Manager.
Your responsibilities as our Assistant Centre Manager will include:
- Assist with overseeing Housekeeping operations.
- Supporting the Centre Manager with Housekeeping duties and compliance with company standards.
- Support departmental objectives, budgets, policies & procedures and plan work schedules.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of staff with an emphasis on training and teamwork.
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Assist Centre Manager to maintain good communication and work relationships and with external customers and suppliers.
- Complete maintenance reporting ensuring jobs are checked before being signed as complete.
- Carry out room viewings in a swift, professional manner and ensuring you upsell your centre.
- Assisting daily residents’ requirements including dealing with complaints.
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands, ensuring our guests are a priority at all times.
- As our Assistant Centre Manager you will ensure on-going training to support Centre Manager with employees in regards to aspects of HR, Training & Development.
- Carry out general administrative work including complete relevant paperwork and updating databases.
- Deputise in absence of Centre Manager.
- Dealing with stock including replenishing of stock in cleaning materials, linen supplies and first aid supplies while submitting relevant paperwork.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary including communal cleaning & assisting on our guest’s waste disposal days.
- Ensuring linen procedures are in place and are followed by your team.
- Overseeing the housekeeping team’s room standards, ensuring quality of product is maintained.
- Ensure customer service levels always excel in your Centre.
- Assist in the collection of rent and ensure your Centre’s rent payments are chased as required and payments are made in time according to the rent schedule.
To apply as our Assistant Centre Manager, you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face, Telephone & Email
- IT skills knowledge of Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Strong organisational and clear communication skills
- Experience of a Supervisor or Assistant Manager role within an accommodation background, ideally hotels, rooms division manager, front office manager or head housekeeper
- Experience of managing student accommodation is not essential but would be an advantage!
- Fluent in another language (not essential, but would be an advantage)
- All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered
Benefits of working for Study Inn Include:
- 28 days annual leave
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme
- Free access to on site Gym facilities
- Free access to onsite car park
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role of our Assistant Centre Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!