Fit Out Senior Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor
Job Title: Fit Out Senior Commercial Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a specialist subcontract Company working throughout London offering a full range of Joinery services including Design, Manufacture and Installation of joinery and associated materials/fixtures within the High-End Commercial Fit Out Sector.
Due to expanding workload and organisational changes due to retirement they are now seeking to appoint a dynamic Commercial Manager to join and help lead our commercial operations.
The position requires an individual who is highly competent, self-motivated and commercially focused. You will have quantity surveying experience in dealing with the following: Estimating and Bid submission, pre-contract negotiation, managing subcontract accounts, preparation and agreement of variation accounts, submission of valuations, cost management, monthly reporting, and final account agreement.
Based in Canterbury, the successful candidate will work together with the contracts team to manage the commercial activities of the business, including the financial control of current and future projects.
The Company works predominantly across central London so there will be a requirement to travel to visit sites and attend meetings as necessary
Experience within the Joinery and Fit Out sector is essential and they are ideally looking for someone who has specialist knowledge and has a joinery background, although this is not essential.
- Estimating and Bid management
- Contract administration and records
- Relationship building with Clients
- Monthly management routines CVC and other management reports
- Application submissions
- Variation account preparation
- Final account submissions
- Subcontract procurement
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Able to use Microsoft Office Systems.
- Working knowledge of JCT contracts
- Experience and knowledge of commercial contracting and negotiating in similar environment
- Experience of pricing and variation account preparation
- Experience of Tendering and quotation management
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions
Skills & Behaviours:
- Able to Negotiating
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Relationship building
- Excellent Commercial awareness
- Planning & organising
- Time management
- Change orientated
- Attention to detail
- Customer orientated
- Professional and team worker
- Driven & dynamic
- Result driven
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Quantity Surveyor may also be considered for this role.