IT Security & Infrastructure Manager / IT Manager
Job Title: IT Security & Infrastructure Manager
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a privately owned business providing insurance solutions for over 30 years to some of the most well respected brands, insurance partners and financial intermediaries. Established in 1983, they came from modest beginnings in the City of London with a small team of passionate people who wanted to help change insurance for the better. They offer their partners an end-to-end service; from product and quote platform design through to sales and retentions. The Company is now one of the largest employers in South East Essex with around 180 staff, award winning services and cutting edge technology.
They invest in the careers of all their staff, through training, qualifications and by providing a pro-active learning environment. They understand the importance of staff well-being and maintaining a good work/life balance and also provide opportunities such as flexible working and career breaks. There is a Group funded Sports and Social committee, seated acupressure massages, and fitness classes in their onsite Wellbeing studio. On completion of probation they also provide an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
The Role Overview:
They are seeking an IT Security & Infrastructure Manager to join their growing IT team.
This is a key senior position within the IT function as such the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that the overall server / network architecture and security of Hood Group are maintained to the highest standards in order to deliver excellent IT availability and service to the business and their clients.
- Day to day management and maintenance of network, server and telephony architecture, responding to system alerts raised by network monitoring systems
- Managing hardware and software problems on servers, escalating incidents as necessary
- Ensuring the integrity and security of data in accordance to business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Managing and testing routine system backups, restores and disaster recovery solutions
- Managing infrastructure assets, including maintenance of server equipment inventory and related documentation, and technical specifications information
- Analysing and reporting on system, server, application and network performance
- Recommending and performing software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations
- Implementing, supporting and providing security sign-off on infrastructure upgrade projects
- Working with key suppliers to complete client Due Diligence work and building a catalogue of responses to improve efficiency.
- Design and Implement security testing processes to audit The Company and show improvements.
- Work with Learning and Development team to keep wider staff security training relevant to current and emerging threats.
- Ensuring correct change management procedures are followed when applying changes to IT infrastructure
- Using initiative and innovation to get the best from their server and network architecture
- Liaising with internal and external customers to provide system design requirements, purchasing estimates, support requirements and implementation timeframes.
- Define, implement and monitor SLA targets, performance KPIs and contracts for key systems such as Network and Server activity.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team in accordance with agreed practices to ensure an effective workplace capable of meeting its objectives
- Coordinate resource allocations, supplier relationships and skills development required to ensure optimal delivery of IT services
- Responsibility for staff performance, monitoring and actions
- Implementation of effective and valuable staff mentoring initiatives
- General day to day staff management duties
Skills and Experience:
- Will have a proactive 'can do' attitude
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Highly proactive nature to detect, respond and correct threats and inefficiencies
- Ability to write technical documentation and provide potentially complicated information to the business in a cohesive and understandable manner
- Experience of working to SLA's
- Experience in running a security work stack
- Experience in Managing a Telephony platform (SIP/IVR-Call Routing/Endpoint management)
- Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Exchange, Active Directory, DNS and policies
- General network troubleshooting experience, TCP/IP, DHCP
- Firewall rule design and implementation
- Confidence and ability to work in changing environments
- Ability to understand the importance of confidentiality in handling customer personal data
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent to include Mathematics and English
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Apply for IT Security & Infrastructure Manager / IT Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly