I have a fantastic opportunity with NHS Digital for a Data Manager based in Leeds. This role is a temporary assignment for initially 4 months with view to being extended thereafter
As a Data Manager in one of NHS Digital's Data Management services you'll have responsibility for the development of scalable ETL processes, handling significant volumes of data, with increasing demands of data velocity. You'll be involved in the full lifecycle of data management, from asset or process development, maintenance, service management, right through to delivery of our data products. You'll work closely with our customers, ensuring you understand and capture requirements and priorities to deliver the best solution first time. This will also include management of key enhancements to meet the increasing demands on the services by the organisation and our stakeholders.
- Architecting the most appropriate database or process design, which will include database structure and associated extract, transform, load (ETL) process. In addition, this will extend to review of processes designed by peers and direct reports.
- Developing code using established data management tools, such as SQL Server (SSIS) or SAS (DI Studio/ EG) to develop automated processes.
- Drawing up test plans and carrying out extensive testing of processes, recording results in detail and addressing any issues.
- Managing requirements gathering from customers, making clarifications where necessary, to ensure the end-product fully meets their needs.
- Strong specialist knowledge and development expertise in using SQL Server or SAS Data Management tools such as SSIS, SSRS, SAS DI Studio or SAS EG.
- Significant data management expertise, covering: process design; code development (using languages such as SQL or SAS); data architecture; testing and assurance; and reference/ master data management.
- Strong experience in gathering requirements from customers for complex, technical processes.
- Ability to develop clear process documentation, based on customer requirements, against which a developer could build a technical process.
Experience of producing design plans and associated documentation, including experience in carrying out business analysis of existing processes
If this sounds like the ideal job for you, call Michelle on 0118 588990 or email CV