eBay Assistant, Retail Distribution Centre, Malmo Road
Dove House Hospice, Hull
Salary: £15,269 – 15,775 full time equivalent pro-rata per annum (actual £9,161 - £9,465 per
Hours of work: Part Time. Normal hours are a minimum of 22.5 hours per week. Daily hours are
08.30 – 16.30 days negotiable.
Dove House Hospice is a charity providing excellent care for people in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire with life limiting illnesses. We are specialists in palliative care which is the total care of patients whose illness is no longer curable and for whom the goal must be quality of life.
- Assist the eBay co-ordinator in the efficiency and profitability of the Dove House Hospice eBay shop.
- Assist the eBay co-ordinator in the security of all eBay items, including items to research, listed items and sold items.
- Assist the eBay co-ordinator in the efficient dispatch of all relevant items.
- Assist the eBay co-ordinator in all automated communication, including feedback, despatch notifications and newsletters.
- Assist with communication with Dove House Hospice Retail Shops, keeping them informed of all eBay activity relevant to them.
- Be responsible for ensuring effective safety and security of the eBay storage and wrapping area, including risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Assist in the training of volunteers within the eBay department.
- Be responsible for appropriate communication with eBay buyers.
- Be responsible for accurate listings and monitoring the auctions on-going.
- Assist with the production of accurate paperwork relating to eBay sales etc is carried out and forwarded to the Finance department and Retail Division Manager as requested.
- Take an active role in keeping up to date with postage systems and carrier costs.
- Be responsible for promoting a positive attitude towards health and safety, security and fire in line with organisational policy.
- Have a delegated responsibility for the implementation of the Dove House Hospice general policy on health and safety throughout the areas and activities under direct control, having a good understanding of the regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance which govern those areas and activities.
- Be involved in the compilation of and compliance with the health and safety rules, policies and procedures formulated by the Organisations management as defined in the Dove House Hospice General Policy on Health and Safety and their individual Health and Safety responsibility folder.
- Be responsible for ordering supplies through the Retail Administration Officer to ensure the efficient operation of the eBay shop.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with Trading Standards Regulations in line with Organisational Policy, reporting any non-compliance to the Retail Division Manager.
- Be responsible for reporting to the General Office at Dove House all accidents, injuries and incidents occurring at the shop under his / her control.
- Supply information as required by the Retail Division Manager including voluntary hours, holidays, sickness and absence.
- Attend relevant training courses, as agreed with the Retail Division Manager in consultation with the Director of Income Development.
- Undertake and other relevant duties as reasonably requested by the Retail Manager.
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to undertake some manual handling operations
- Computer literate
- Flexible approach to working hours and working week
- Knowledge and Experience of eBay
- Excellent written communication
- Passion for working in the charity sector
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Health and safety at Work
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Fire Safety and Security
- Have a telephone, home P.C. and be fully mobile with transport available
- eBay seller status
- Knowledge of collectables, fashion and vintage items.
- Experience in a sales or Retail environment
- Good time management and ability to prioritise.
What we can offer you is:
- A competitive salary
- A chance to work for a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer 2018 (Ranked Number 5 in the UK)
- Option to join a personal pension scheme at a 5% employee and 5% employer contribution levels.
- Free life insurance of 3 x salary
- 22 Days annual leave plus bank holidays pro-rata per year with the option to buy an additional weeks leave and receive additional leave for long service
Role open to applications until Friday 18th May 2018 at 15:00.
Applications to be made via the hospice application form only, located on the Dove House Hospice website.
If you're unable to download and print, we are happy to send you an application form. Please contact Nicola Beecher, Administration Assistant on 01482 784343 ext 113 to request one. We are unable to accept applications by CV and are unable to contact applicants who apply this way.
An interview date has been set as Friday 1st June 2018.