Operations Assistant / Operations Administrator /Admin
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Location: Glasgow city centre
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000 plus benefits depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a winner of Telegraph Travel's "Best Specialist Tour Operator 2017" and AITO (Association of Independent Tour Operators) "Tour Operator of the Year 2016", is a specialist travel company based in Glasgow city centre.
Established for 15 years, they offer tailor-made holidays throughout Scotland, Ireland & England to discerning customers from the UK and overseas.
They pride themselves on personal service, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for the overall administration of holiday bookings once a sale has been confirmed, mainly by e-mail and phone.
You will make and confirm reservations with their suppliers along with efficiently processing deposit and balance payments to provide a seamless experience for their customers.
This role requires you to work in partnership with small, local businesses who share their commitment to quality and customer service.
You will have responsibility for monitoring any delays, cancellations or changes to travel plans and subsequently make the necessary amendments to travel itineraries and liaise directly with their customers.
Your role is to support the Senior Operations Executive and be at the core of their daily activities to ensure a first class service is provided at all times.
The role reports to the General Manager.
- You will have a strong administration and customer service focus as well as outstanding attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- You will be comfortable with IT systems and be able to work fast and accurately. You will relish the challenge of working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, responding well to meeting deadlines.
- You must have a good knowledge or keen interest in the geography of Scotland and the rest of the British Isles.
- You will not only enjoy being organised, articulate and approachable but also gain satisfaction from hearing the feedback from customers after their holiday.
- While experience in the travel or hospitality industry might be beneficial, they welcome applicants from other backgrounds too - The Company are seeking someone with a can-do attitude.
- This role may suit a recent graduate or returner.
- The ability to be a fast learner is essential. The company is ambitious to continue to grow in the coming years, offering plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and take on more responsibility.
The salary range is £16,000 to £18,000 plus benefits depending on experience. This is a permanent position. They may be able to accommodate flexible working hours, depending on specific circumstances. Occasional and pre-arranged evening and weekend working may be required at peak times.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter describing your favourite place in Scotland, Ireland and/or England for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Personal Assistant, PA, Senior Administrator, Office Assistant, Office Supervisor, Office Administrator, Senior Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administration Clerk, Admin, Senior Support Administrator, Senior Business Administrator, Business Administrator, Secretary, Support Administrator will be considered for this role.