This is a great opportunity to work for an expanding digital marketing & development agency in Hull. The successful applicant will be learning on-the-job from our team of experts with the opportunity to apply their knowledge to grow our clients.
Outline of Role
This role is ideal for a talented front end web developer with design experience and a proven track record delivering high quality web projects. You will have an aptitude for problem solving, experience of the latest web design and development technologies and have a passion for continuous learning.
You will be based at our head office in Hessle. As a web developer at META, you'll be working on innovative projects alongside our development and digital marketing experts.
- Design and development of: brochure, dynamic and ecommerce websites
- Maintaining existing client portfolio, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and adding new features
- Keeping up to date with advancements in web development technologies and how this affects the business environment
- Undertaking research on-behalf of clients
- Participation in pair programming where appropriate
- Participation in sprint planning meetings, providing estimates of effort and time
- Participation in peer code reviews
- Documenting requirements, specifications and designs
- Attend client meetings and web development briefings
An appropriate degree or significant industry experience.
- 2+ years industry experience in a web design and development role
- Have a good working knowledge of client-side web application development including knowledge of the DOM
- Experience with ecommerce platforms, in particular Shopify and Magento
- Good task management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to liaise and communicate effectively with other teams
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Knowledge of IIS
- Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Have a good working knowledge of the following: PHP, C#
- Good understanding of UI/UX processes and best practice
- Experience of working with source control, GIT/SVN (or similar)
- Basic understanding of search engine principles
- Strong writing skills
Training is done in-house and via external training courses or conferences. As the IT industry continues to evolve, it is vital for our web developers to keep up to date with the latest software and technology.
You will receive a combination of the following to achieve your goals:
- A personalised training plan
- Time to complete industry accreditations
- Training and mentoring from our development team
- Training and mentoring from our search experts
- Attendance at industry recognised training courses and conferences
The normal progression route for a Web Developer will lead to a Senior or Lead Web Developer position.
Salary & Benefits
- £20k-25k DOE
- 34 hours per week
- Friday afternoons off
- 22 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working with core hours from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Flexibility around working from home
- Annual training budget for skills development
Who Should Apply
META are looking for individuals who have a keen interest in web development, ecommerce and digital marketing. This role is ideal for an ambitious, self-motivated and pro-active individual with aspirations of a long-term career at a forward thinking company. The successful applicant will have the chance to develop into a key member of a growing team and therefore must be reliable, punctual, have the ability to multi-task and use their own initiative.
What are you waiting for? Send us your CV and covering letter today.
Apply for WEB DEVELOPER/DESIGNER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly