Process Improvement Engineer
Process Improvement Engineer
South Holmwood (Nr Dorking), Surrey
Are you a dynamic and ambitious engineer with PLC training and experience with Siemens S5 and S7? Is the right next step for you one that will see you become a Process Improvement Engineer? If so, read on.
Part of Ibstock PLC, Ibstock Brick is an innovative manufacturer of clay brick products. With operations in the UK and the United States, our customer-centric culture means that our brands enjoy unrivalled contact with leading housebuilders, merchants and distributors, as well as architects, contractors and specifiers.
With aspirations to become the brand of choice in our product sector, we’re now looking for a Process Improvement Engineer to join us in South Holmwood, near Dorking.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
If you are an engineering professional with a background of working with Siemens S5 and S7 and PCL training, this is the perfect opportunity to come on board with an established, strong manufacturer.
You’ll discover superb rewards on offer as well as a direct progression path into an Engineering Management position. What’s more, you’ll be provided with all the training you require to fill any knowledge gaps and enable you to fulfil your potential as an engineer.
As the Process Improvement Engineer, you will lead a multi-functional engineering team and focus your efforts on continuous improvement within the manufacturing facility in South Holmwood.
Helping to deliver cost, quality and efficiency enhancements for the factory, you will provide technical support to the site engineering function and Productions Teams.
Specifically, you will:
- Support and drive the implementation of the in-house manufacturing system
- Provide PLC, electrical and engineering support
- Identify, outline and suggest process improvements
- Act as the champion for continuous improvement across the factory
- Manage stock control for engineering stores
- Stand in for the Engineering Manager during periods of absence
To be considered as the Process Improvement Engineer, you will need:
- Experience of Siemens S5 and S7 (ideally including TIA) to allow both fault finding and programming to be carried out
- An understanding of HMI (Human Machine Interfaces), their design, programming and installation
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the TPM process
- Experience with CAD packages and Electrical Drawing design and modification
- Formal PLC training
We are interested in hearing from you if you have held the role of Process Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Process Engineer, Production Process Engineer, Manufacturing Support Engineer, Process Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, or CI Engineer.
Webrecruit and Ibstock Brick are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to progress your career as a Process Improvement Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.