Area Operations Leader
Area Operations Leader (AOL)
An excellent opportunity is available for an experienced and driven individual, to take a lead role in the daily management of production teams and overall departmental operations.
Responsible for ensuring respective departments are on schedule and organised, planning workloads and ensuring maximum output and controlled efficiencies to meet quality standards, this role is instrumental in developing people and improving processes and procedures to enhance the overall performance of the department, delivering excellence, efficiency and adding value to the business.
- Promoting teamwork; maintaining standards of conduct and managing performance
- Maintaining quality and inspection of tasks and teams
- Preventative and proactive approach to health and safety systems and measures
- Building training records and implementing programs to develop team performance and operational efficiencies
- Asset care management for machinery and tooling
- Ensuring Company targets and objectives are met and adhered to, providing direction and instruction as appropriate
- Problem solving; identifying and implementing corrective measures where required
- Involvement in the creation of standard work practices of construction processes
- Strong collaboration and information exchange across teams and departments, to achieve openness, awareness and optimisation of business requirements
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Relevant, practical experience within a Lean Manufacturing environment, using performancefocused measures
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet target deadlines, effectively utilising resources available
- Flexible approach and proactive attitude
- Excellent leadership skills; demonstrable experience managing teams
- Good working knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- A proven ability to identify opportunities to deliver continuous improvement programs
- Positive thinking, initiative, decisiveness, fairness, sincerity and integrity, teaching ability and selfconfidence
- A flexible, solutions-focused and enthusiastic individual, with the drive and passion to meet the needs of a large organisation
- Attention to detail is paramount, working to ISO9001 accreditation
Salary/benefits: This is a full time and permanent position, working 39 hours over 4 ½ days. Salary is dependent on experience, skills and qualifications.
Equal Opportunities: Auto-Trail fully supports equal opportunity in employment and considers it to be an integral part of its employee relations policy. We may not however, interview all applicants; as with external applications, a selection of the most suitable candidates will be chosen for interview.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 5th June 2018
Application forms are available via our website.