OPERATIONS PERFORMANCE MANAGER
To monitor, evaluate and make key recommendations for strategic direction management decisions through the monitoring of KPI performance across all Operational functions. Identify variance from expected performance with root cause analysis and recommendations for improvement. Optimise customer experience through forecasting, budgeting, workforce scheduling, management reporting and implementation of best practice.
Salary £37,000-£43,000 + £7k annual bonus
- Ensure and oversee the formulation and production of key performance dashboards on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work alongside operational managers across all operational functions to understand key performance variations and feedback with recommendations to the operations leadership team. This currently includes but is not limited to Motor Operations, Travel Operations, Warranty Operations, Home Emergency Operations with functional activity in Claims, Sales and Service.
- Prepare action plans for short, medium and long term operational improvement initiatives and monitor the effectiveness of those action plans
- Continuously review and identify customer-focused process improvement opportunities and process optimisation within existing operations to ensure continuous development and evolution of operating processes.
- Ensure that root-cause analysis and lessons learned are constantly translated into measurable operational performance improvements.
Planning and Forecasting
- Develop forecasting models and capability in order to plan resource requirements based on activity trends and KPI requirement evolution
- Modify and review resource planning processes in line with experience and operating environment changes.
- Produce expected resource requirements in line with potential new business in order to facilitate sales and underwriting functions.
- Collaborate with the operations leadership team in undertaking budgeting and financial planning processes
- Responsible for the workforce management function for all of Operations including scheduling, intra-day monitoring and optimisation of long and short term resource allocation
- Ensure a process of continuous review is in place with regards to scheduling of internal and external resources in line with current and future activity levels. Provide cost benefit based recommendations for resource optimisation including the distribution and placement of roadside assistance resources.
- Review and propose revised rota and scheduling patterns in line with business benefits and expected performance gain.
Ad hoc duties
- Participate on local and global projects if required
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis as requested by the Chief Operating Officer
Evidence of essential experience within the following areas
Education / Training / Qualifications:
- Good standard of general education educated to A level standard or above.
- English Language and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
Specialist skills / knowledge:
- Sustained management experience in a volume based customer focused environment
- Proven experience in forecasting, planning and workforce management
- Demonstrable experience of using performance metrics to deliver performance improvments
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Able to work under pressure and deal with a varied workload and tight deadlines
- Communicate/present information in a clear and professional manner to senior level stakeholders (both verbally and written)
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills and quality focused
- Self motivated, Diplomatic & professional approach in dealings with clients/suppliers at all levels
- Degree or Related Professional Indutry Qualification
- Current driving licence