Highway and Engineering Technician
Highway & Engineering Technician (Traffic Management & Road Safety)
Service Area: Neighbourhood Services
Job summary: To provide a support service to the Traffic Management Engineer in dealing with all of the Traffic Management/Road Safety/Engineering requirements of the Engineering Department.
- To assist, where necessary, under the direction of the Traffic Management Engineer, in the preparation of Traffic Management and Road Safety schemes/Engineering projects including site supervision.
- To assist in the preparation of reports, grant bids, traffic and parking surveys.
- To assist in traffic sign/roadmarking design using computer software and subsequent site supervision.
- To carry out as directed inspections and investigations for highway, drainage and other civil and municipal engineering projects.
- To provide technical advice to others within the County Borough Council and other external clients as and when required, and to check and review proposals submitted by them.
- To engage and consult with other County Borough Council services, statutory bodies, contractors, consultants and the public in order to meet all statutory and legal processes and to achieve the Group's and the Council's goals and objectives.
- Conducting and administering procurement and tender processes in accordance with the Council's Financial Regulations.
- To establish and maintain good customer relations both internal and external including investigation of complaints, customer satisfaction, and the provision of appropriate information on programmes cost, and works and fee estimates.
- To undertake duties in accordance with the Council's Health and Safety policies and standards and ensure all subordinate staff comply with these policies and standards in their work.
- Complying with documented processes and the maintenance of records in accordance with Quality Management System procedures and policies.
- To assist with the varied day to day activities within the Engineering Section.
- To provide general support within the Engineering Section.