Photographer / Photographic Team Leader
Rollersnakes was founded in 1985 & has grown to become one of the UKs leading action sports retailers. Our heritage in skateboarding, snowboarding & alternative sports is a source of pride & a vital part of our future. Aiming to be the most successful retailer in their market we’re looking to recruit staff that can help achieve this goal. We’re seeking a talented and energetic Photographer / Team Leader with a strong technical background, to coordinate our photographic team.
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the team efficiently delivers hundreds of high quality, beautifully composed and lit product images onto the site every week. In addition you will be responsible for producing assets for social media that engage and expand Rollersnakes’ audience.
The successful applicant will join our design team in bringing our product range to life & have a real voice in the development of the team & the execution of the brand’s visual content. You will have a meticulous eye for detail, thereby constantly improving the shopping and social media experience at Rollersnakes.
- Work in the studio taking photos of products.
- Process images for web use.
- Style and create social media imagery.
- Provide feedback on team & individual performance.
- Assist in the review process for department to identify areas of improvement.
- Allocate workload.
- Image quality control.
- Supervise the Studio Assistant.
- Provide guidance & training on set for members of the Photography team.
- Assist in daily administrative tasks & deliver weekly progress statistics.
- Graduate or similar in a Visual Arts related degree, or equivalent experience in a professional role.
- Supervise Photography Studio Assistant.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience working within a digital photographic studio.
- Knowledge of contemporary lighting techniques.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive & able to take initiative.
- Excellent communication & people management skills.
- Working knowledge of Nikon cameras and lenses, Capture One & Photoshop.
- Graphic design layout.
- Driving licence and own car.
- Knowledge of Magento, Shopify and Peoplevox.
It would be an advantage if you had a strong relationship with the market that Rollersnakes serves; skateboarding, snowboarding, BMX & alternative sports culture.
Please supply your CV with examples of work & your salary expectations.