Premises Assistant /Facilities Assistant/Facilities Coordinator
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Premises Assistant
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Life at the School is shaped by their commitment to provide an active learning environment for limitless minds. They firmly believe that all pupils are capable of great things if effectively taught, motivated and inspired by their school environment. This vision is underpinned by four key values which are central to school life: Excellence - Perseverance - Courage - Respect.
The School requires a full-time Premises Assistant to join their Premises Team.
The team conducts the maintenance of the school buildings and grounds.
The maintenance, security and general smooth running of the School. The post holder will be required to be an experienced practitioner with significant practical skills.
Safety & Security
- Efficient and safe use of the school premises
- Security of the premises together with the contents, including the opening and closing of the buildings including outside normal hours
- Maintenance of buildings, fixtures, fittings and furniture
- Daily inspections regarding fire safety issues e. Emergency exits are kept clear
- Conducting fire alarm tests, equipment inspections and ensure records are accurate and up to date
- Maintenance and upkeep of premises; basic plumbing and electrics, decorating and carpentry including buildings, fixtures, fittings and furniture
- Carry out minor building works, repairs and decoration as required
- Monitor contractors to ensure safety procedures are adhered to and work completed satisfactorily
- Playground - sweeping, clearing litter and debris including green areas
- To undertake cleaning duties as required including cleaning bodily fluids
- Maintain school grounds including grass cutting, shrubbery pruning and weeding
- Sweeping duties and the emptying of litter bins
- Assist with weather conditional operation of the heating system
- Verify the accuracy of gas, electric and water meter readings
- Check wiring and replace fuses in school equipment, check and replace lamps, tubes etc
- Check that all electrical devices and wiring are safe
- PAT testing
- Maintenance and checks of the school swimming pool plant and chemicals. Training will be given as required.
- Keep offices free of parcels by moving deliveries and parcels to specific locations as required
- Move furniture and equipment and set up rooms for functions as required
- Erect and put away larger outdoor equipment
- Remove and store furniture in storage facilities
- Open and lock up for evening meetings or events
School vehicles and machinery
- Drive the school mini bus as required, regular inspection of, checking safety, cleanliness and to ensure any vehicles or machinery used by Radnor House Sevenoaks are always ready for use
- Clean vehicles and machinery on a regular basis and ensure they are regularly serviced
Health and Safety
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment referring hazards to the Premises Manager/Business Manager
- Have knowledge of use and maintenance of fire precautions and equipment
- Participate in regular fire safety checks as required including fire drills, bell tests and fire safety inspections
- Clear ice and snow to give access to and exit from site
- Investigate and report all accidents and potential hazards arising from plant, equipment and fittings and taking action
- Check all doors are secured against unauthorised entry
- Good IT skills including previous experience using Microsoft Office, email and other databases
- Assist in the supervision of Car Parking particularly on special occasions for the School
- Assist in cost efficiency by turning off lights, heaters, closing doors & windows as appropriate
- Present a positive personal image
- Have the ability to relate well to both adults and children
- Have a real "can do" attitude, taking a proactive approach and oftentimes taking on duties that may not be directly in their job specification
- Experience in a school or similar environment would be a great advantage
- Willingness to participate in development & training opportunities
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs & actively seek learning opportunities
- A full clean driving licence (preferably with the ability to be able to drive a mini bus on a CPC licence or be willing to take this qualification)
- Own Transport essential
- Be a keyholder if required and provide call-out support if needed.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Premises Assistant, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Hotel Maintenance, Property Maintenance, Health & Safety Maintenance, Health & Safety Assistant, Facilities Manager, Mechanical Service, Electrical Services, Property Assistant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Premises Assistant /Facilities Assistant/Facilities Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly