We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to add to our existing team in an exciting period of growth. We have recently expanded our site and are in the process of installing a brand new high tech line to produce our popular cracker product ranges.
Scope of the role of Maintenance Engineer:
As a maintenance engineer this varied role has a bias towards electrical maintenance as such you will be responsible for the provision of reactive and planned preventative maintenance, diagnosing problems, installation and testing in order to ensure continuous running of equipment and machinery.
The role will include the need to perform on tasks outside of the electrical field along with working with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
- Carry out routine Planned Preventative Maintenances in line with the PPM schedule and respond to equipment faults for all electrical installations, plant, machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose breakdown problems
- Fit new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with wiring regulations
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaise with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Assist with any general maintenance and upkeep of the bakery carrying out general site maintenance, including woodwork, painting, building fabric maintenance, make do and mend projects
All Candidates must have the right to work in the UK, and have necessary experience to fulfil the responsibilities.
- Educated/ having achieved HND or equivalent in an engineering setting
- Experience of introducing and maintaining specialist equipment
- Proven experience of improving processes, suppliers and process of an engineering discipline.
- Awareness and knowledge of current and potential inspection techniques and practices that are available
- Flexibility to cover weekend work (ad hoc)
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits. These include discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE