Job Purpose: To provide administrative support to the Trading Controllers and Business Managers.
Reports to: Business Manager
Salary: £17k pa+ plus benefits
Hours: Full time / Permanent
Key Result Areas:
* To provide general secretarial and administrative support, including the effective production of management information.
* To produce data analysis reports using software tools.
* To communicate effectively with suppliers, members and colleagues within other central office departments.
* To achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of the role in respect of work undertaken and to deal with colleagues at all levels of the business in a manner appropriate to their needs.
* Knowledge of general desktop IT solutions including Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint. Software training will be provided and maintained where required.
Specific Areas of Work
* Maintain accurate supplier and product data.
* Maintain price files and ensure promotional pricing is managed correctly within specified timescales.
* Produce accurate and appropriate PLOF's and advertising to strict deadlines.
* Manage the supply of samples for the advertising.
* Check the accuracy of all advertising provided by the Marketing department, making amendments as required.
* Provide accurate reports as directed by the Trading Controller and Business Manager.
* Maintain weekly sales and profitability data.
* Provide member support and information when directed.
* Liaise effectively with the stock replenishment team to ensure accurate and up-to-date product data is available.
* Provide other adhoc support to the department as required.
* Achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of the role in respect of work undertaken, and deal with staff at all levels of the business in a manner appropriate to their needs.
Job Skills and Competencies
* Ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Ability to communicate in a clear and effective way, both verbally and in writing and using data.
* Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to demonstrate a patient and understanding telephone manner.
* Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
* Excellent organisational and administration skills.
* Sound working knowledge and application of Microsoft office packages.
* Ability to create accurate data reports for efficient production of management information to be maintained and analysed as required.
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.
Apply for Trading Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly